* Model: ORP Sensor S500ORP_DJ(K)
* Range: -1999 to +1999mV
* Connection: 3m Coaxial Cable w/ BNC Connector
* Body Material: Glass
* Electrode: Double Junction
* Oxidation reduction potential (ORP), also known as Redox, is a measurement that reflects the ability of a molecule to oxidize or reduce another molecule.
* Oxidation is the loss of electrons, so oxidizers accept electrons from other molecules; Reduction is the gain of electrons, so reducers donate electrons to other molecules.
* Oxidation reduction potential is measured as a single voltage in millivolts (mV); Oxidizers have a positive ORP value, while reducers have a negative ORP value.
* The measuring cell, typically a noble metal like platinum or gold, detects changes in Redox potential, while the reference provides a stable comparison signal.
* An ORP measurement is not a direct indicator of concentration, but rather an indicator of activity. However, in solutions with one active species, like pool water containing chlorine, ORP correlates to concentration.
* ORP measurements are a cost effective method used to monitor a variety of processes. Common applications include disinfection using chlorine, ozone, and bromine. All of these species are strong oxidizers, so ORP is used as an indicator of sanitizing activity. ORP is also used in process applications to monitor destruction of chromate or cyanide,as well as in bleach production and wet scrubbers.
* What’s in the box: 1 x ORP Sensor S500ORP_DJ(K); 1 x User Manual
* Warranty: Six (6) Months Manufacturing Defects